Remember Roxanne Shante? Proper old skool b-girl. ‘Have a nice day’ was permanently in the 7″ pocket of my record bag. Back then she was only a 15 year old single mother from Queens, so a record label offered her an education as part of her contract. Well she not only took them up on the offer – she milked them for every penny, and now she’s a Doctor of psychology. Excellent!
Have a nice day
Who needs a royalty check?
- My top 10 Irish Movies
- The Blathering
- Fat Chance: Beating the Odds Against Sugar, Processed Food, Obesity, and Disease
- Top 10 books of 2012
- The truth about tattoo removal
- CABBAGE CONTROLS – some thoughts on Prometheus casting
- Power’s Short story
- Books of the (last) year
- Pruning your feeds
- That other time I went to the States…
- Quincy M.E. and Cameron Diaz doing the La Bamba
- Different folks, different strokes
- Family cinema design